Baking Gift Ideas
Let’s celebrate the season of giving with my annual Gift Guide for Bakers. ♥
Whatever’s happening this holiday season, know that you’re not alone in its challenges. Gifting something thoughtful to another baker in your life is a wonderful way to spread joy– something we could all use this year.
Here are 50+ gift ideas for the baker in your life or if you need ideas for your own wish list. My assistant Hilari and I curated this list and included many options from small businesses and individual Etsy shops, places we all know could use the love and support this year. There’s also a special section if you’re shopping for little bakers and a handful of cookbooks written by immensely talented BIPOC chefs. Thank you so much for gathering here and spreading your sweetness inside and outside of the kitchen.
We also updated last year’s gift guide if you need even more inspiration!
All of these gifts are items I own or are products I see with wonderful reviews. None of this is sponsored– truly just items I love! A lot of these links are affiliate links.
- Baking Sheets – These are durable, don’t warp, and cool quickly. Pair with parchment paper sheets or a baking mat, cooling rack, and a spatula for a complete gift.
- 9×13 Inch Pan – Second to my baking sheets, I use this pan most often for sweet and savory purposes. It’s perfect for sheet cakes, bars, brownies, and more. Add a loaf pan and 9×9 inch pan for fun!
- Glass Mixing Bowls – A staple in my kitchen. I switch between glass mixing bowls and stainless steel mixing bowls. If you’re tight on kitchen space, this set of 9 nesting bowls is a wonderful option.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons – This magnetic set keeps everything together– no missing cups or spoons.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer – I don’t know what I’d do without it. I have this model and it’s lasted me years. 5 speeds is perfect– I don’t think more speed options is particularly necessary.
- Food Processor – I love that there are 2 conveniently sized containers for processing. I use mine for nuts, pesto, sauces, graham cracker crusts, and more.
- Kitchen Scale – This is by far the most important tool in my kitchen. Precision is everything and that slight mis-measure could spell baking disaster. I also recommend an oven thermometer for accuracy.
- Flour & Sugar Storage Containers – I highly recommend these. They snap shut so ingredients stay fresh. I own 6 for various flours and sugars.
- Fun Spatulas – Spatulas are a fun add-on to any baking related gift. These colorful mini spatulas are adorable!
- Adjustable Rolling Pin – The adjustable discs make it easy to roll any thickness– no more uneven dough. Add a fun set of cookie cutters like this alphabet and numbers cookie cutter set.
- Oven Mitt – Fun and colorful. I love these oven mitts too, though they’re a little stiff and you really need to use them before they break in!
Small Business/Individual Etsy Shops
- Cookie Scoops – Purchase all 3 sizes. I use the small for small cookies, truffles, and as a melon baller. I use the medium for cookies and the large is wonderful for large cookies, ice cream, and shaping meatballs.
- Cookie Press – I love mine for spritz cookies. I also own and love these cookie stamps. (Stamped cookie recipe coming soon!)
- Cookie Cutters – This cookie cutter set is perfect for all seasons.
- Wilton Decorating Tip Kit – This set has it all. For sugar cookie decorating, I use round tips 1 – 5. For cupcake decorating, I use any of the star tips. Or tip 352 for sunflower cupcakes. To complete it, I’d gift piping bags too.
- Americolor Gel Paste Kit – I love using Americolor gel food coloring for royal icing, frosting, red velvet treats, and cake batters– the colors are vibrant and beautiful.
- Cake Turntable – Cake decorating is so much easier with a turntable. Pair with a couple icing spatulas for the cake bakers in your life.
- Cookie & Cupcake Carrier – This works wonderfully for cupcakes and when I use it for cookies, I pile them super high. For cakes, I love this cake carrier. I even place decorated cakes and cupcakes in these carriers and store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Donut Pan – Make donuts at home!
- Pie Dish – My favorite– I own 5 of them. For another option, I love these ruffled pie dishes. Complete the gift with pie weights and a pie crust shield.
- Le Creuset Dutch Oven – A splurge! Worth it for the quality. I use mine for no knead breads, soups, stews, and more.
Home & Personal Accessories
Books & Cookbooks
Wishing you all a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season!